What is the Curvature?
Curvature is a designer for curving. It generates Canvas 2d APIs relevant code in different forms.
Curvature allows you:
- Curves alignment (in any shape, in any portion of the page, to any point!)
- Drag whole drawing (all curves at a time!)
- Drag a single curve (all points at a time)
- Copy whole drawing and dragging-ability! Generates code in 4 forms: 1) relative coordinates 2) shortened relative coordinates 3) absolute coordinates 4) shortened absolute coordinates
- Undo support (for unlimited curves; whether millions of curves!)
- Starting and ending points replacement for a Bezier curve (sometimes: useful)
- Auto creates new curves (on mouse movement – on demand!)
- Fill color (in the last curve – clarifies the curve!)
New version of Curvature allows you hide/show the coding area so you can have a full drawing surface now!
Source code (Github!)
Source code of Curvature available at Github! https://github.com/muaz-khan/Curvature
What is "Shorten the code"?
This feature shortens the lines of auto generated code! Also it reduces size of the page!
Explain "Make relevant startingX/startingY points"
This feature was included in the first release of the Curvature. It generates relevant code from two points: startingX and startingY.
This feature allows you use e.pageX/e.pageY on these two points so you can easily drag/move whole shape (all curves at a time) without any disturbance.
Is it useful: "Replace starting and ending points' positions at new curve"?
Sure, in the complex shapes – I used it often.
"Auto create new curves" – what is this?
To auto create new curves at mouse movement. You don't have to click "New Curve" button or press "N" key to create new curve(s).
"Temporarily fill a color in the last curve" – isn't it a redundant feature?
For redundancy: it can be a redundant feature. However I included it for those who want to clarify the last curve!
"Drag whole curve/drawing" – Explain
- "Drag whole curve" feature drags last curve as it is without any disturbance in the real shape of the "last" curve.
- "Drag whole drawing" drags whole drawing (at x-y coordinates) without any disturbance in the real shape(s).
"Copy current drawing (all curves)" – isn't it limited?
This feature copies whole drawing and allows you drag "copied drawing". It is limited because it allows only one "paste" for copied drawing. Upcoming version of Curvature may support it fully – till that; use it carefully!
Curves alignment – digging into it
Curvature allows you align curves in two styles:
- "Align Vertically":- Aligns y-coordinates of all (or selected) points.
- "Align Horizontally" (default selected):- Aligns x-coordinates of all (or selected) points.
"Align to relevant topmost points" (default selected) – aligns points with topmost (or first drawn) curve's relevant points.
You can set custom points too for alignment.
Test the tool: https://canvature.appspot.com/